Category Technologist - Leeds
Do you strive for unbeatable quality and value your work based on customer satisfaction?
Own Brand products are key to ASDA's business strategy, driving quality, innovation and newness for our Asda customer to enjoy. As the Category Technologist you will play a critical role in ensuring that our customers can trust our private label products in terms of product safety and legality, ensuring that agreed specifications are met consistently across all ranges.
About the role
You will be responsible for a diverse product portfolio across fresh food categories. This role represents a fantastic opportunity to engage and build relationships with colleagues across the business as well as with our suppliers. You will report into and work collaboratively with the category technical manager and support the category using your experience and knowledge to risk assess factory processes and management systems.
- You will be a graduate in food science, technology or similar discipline and/or have practical manufacturing experienced including BRC and HACCP in a factory or retail environment.
- You will have the confidence and expertise to communicate with knowledge and passion with our trading teams as well as senior management in our factory base.
- You will be computer literate with experience to navigate specification and supplier management systems, ensuring all specifications in the system are current and signed, and agreed with your business partners.
- You will possess the ability to prioritise and flex to business needs, our customer is number 1 and you will seek to understand their concerns and requirements as well as the customer and commercial impact of decisions made.
Work Where it Works.
Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to choose where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including;-
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.