Activity Instructor - Duncombe
Activity Instructor – Children’s Holiday Activity Camps - Duncombe
Camp Dates: 14th - 18th December 2020
Would you like an exciting challenge within a fun and rewarding environment? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
Super Camps run activity day camps in the school holidays for children aged 4 – 14 years, and we pride ourselves on delivering exciting camps that children love and parents trust. As the leading provider in this field our fun-packed camps are located in over 80 venues nationwide where our reputation for high quality childcare depends on the utmost professionalism and hard work of our on-camp staff.
Reporting to your Camp Manager, you will be assigned to lead a group of children through a range of different sports and arts & crafts activities. You will be required to adapt your skills and experiences to working with children of a variety of ages, backgrounds and abilities whilst catering for their individual needs.
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure the children in your care have a fun and stimulating time in a safe environment
- Plan and deliver a variety of activities with structure and enthusiasm whilst encouraging the maximum participation of the children
- Ensure that the pastoral needs of the children in your care are well-catered through active supervision and care throughout the day including breaks and lunch times
- Manage the exchange of relevant information regarding the children to their parents
- Demonstrate continuous respect for the host venue and Super Camps resources through ad hoc duties such as cleaning and kit maintenance
It is essential that candidates:
- Are over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK
- Are highly motivated and responsible individuals who are able to demonstrate a mature and professional attitude to their employment
- Have relevant experience working within the childcare industry and are capable of leading a group of children
- Are highly organised with superb communication skills and an enthusiastic approach to the role
- Have experience and interest in sports and arts & crafts activities
- Are able to flexibly adapt to effectively deal with sometimes unpredictable challenges within the childcare industry
It is highly desirable that candidates:
- Are qualified or studying towards a relevant teaching, childcare or sports coaching qualification
- Hold a 12 hr paediatric first aid qualification
- Hold a previous DBS check which is registered on the DBS Update Service
- Have knowledge on safeguarding and child protection
- Have Local Safeguarding Authority training
- Have experience working within a camp environment or similar
Selection & Appointment Process: Short listed candidates will be invited to a telephone interview and if selected will be required to complete the Super Camps pre-camp training programme. All appointments are subject to satisfactory training attendance, references and DBS Status.
Apply for Activity Instructor - Duncombe
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly